Friday, January 21, 2011

Need More Time to Quilt?



Doesn't everyone need more time? Do you ever feel at the end of the day (or week, or month, or year!) that you didn't really accomplish anything? You look back and wonder what you did. I know I do this a LOT! I think most of us waste tons of time without realizing it.
I would love to be more productive and I'll bet you would, too. I read other quilters' blogs and I'm often amazed at what some of them are able to accomplish - quilt after quilt after quilt! But it's not just about quilting. I want to be more productive and efficient in all areas of my life. I want my housework to be streamlined. I want to spend less time running dreaded errands. I want to save money in all aspects of my life, starting with groceries.

The ironic thing about my productivity goal, is that I was trained to be an efficiency expert! I have a degree in Industrial Engineering, which is about being efficient and productive. Go figure! Somehow my training and work experience never made it into my home life. But that's about to change!

So how do we start? I know you're wondering! The answer is simple. We'll start this journey together. I'm starting a new blog, Live a Productive Life. We'll get organized together, learn to save money together, learn to make our days on this Earth really count! Isn't that what it's all about?
So if you want to join the bandwagon, go to Live a Productive Life. I'm starting off with a giveaway - you don't want to miss it! It's something that will really help in getting started.

By the way, the top two pictures are of my first finish for this year. This was a commission quilt. I have now officially retired from commission quilts for the time being. I only did this one because it was for a Very Important Person. I couldn't say no. But that was the old me!

So now I'm back to working on my Lollypop Trees.

No comments: