Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Fabric

Doesn't this fabric scream happy? I discovered it a few weeks ago while Daughter 2 and I were at Joann's. It was one of those shopping trips when I wasn't planning on buying fabric. We were there to buy the little eyes and nose for the doxie puppy she was crocheting. BUT...this fabric jumped off the shelf and into my buggy.
The squares are about two inches. I can see this as a quilt in itself, with simple straight quilting along the perimeter of the squares. Or it would be an absolute bonanza for fussy cutting. I bought a ton of it - I think six yards. I have big plans for it!
Here's a shot of the selvage in case you want to score some for yourself.

I'm still stuggling to get my strength back. Today I'm trying a new approach - I'm starting the day off with a list of things to accomplish. I just can't keep sitting here in my recliner! I think forcing myself to get a few simple things done may help me feel better. Included in my list today are making a few phone calls, prewashing some fabric for a quilt binding, sketching a few quilt designs on paper (it's time they got out of my head!), and maybe even a bit of machine quilting. Wish me luck!

No comments: