Monday, January 12, 2009

Trash Talkin'


Some people may look at the above picture and see a pile of trash.  I don't.  I see a pile of treasure.  My friend Judy Cloe brought this baggie full of fun to me this morning at quilt guild.  She literally fished the fabric bits out of her trash to bring to me, along with a piece of selvage and a couple of bottle caps.  The fabric is Kaffe Fasset, one of my favorites!  Yes, the pieces are itty-bitty, but I'm up for the challenge.  Stay tuned - I may play with these later this week.
Here something I started over the weekend.  Emily is a knitter, and she taught Elizabeth over the Christmas break.  With all the knitting going on around here, I caught the bug.  I've always been more of a crocheter than a knitter, but I remember watching my mom knit when I was young, sitting with her on the sofa while her needles flew through the yarn.  This yarn is from Hobby Lobby, nothing expensive, but it creates stripes on its own.  I'm making a simple scarf, knit one row, purl one row.  I'd love to learn how to knit socks by the end of the year, but we'll see.  Quilting will always be my number one art form.

My quilt entry is officially on its way!  I sent it this morning, overnight express.  It should arrive at its destination by 10:30 in the morning.  By the way, it has a name now, so I don't have to call it THE Quilt anymore.  It's called "Spring Break."

Update:  GO FIGURE!  I was just enjoying reading some of my favorite blogs and discovered that the director of the competition to which I sent my entry has been sick, so they will now accept entries until the end of the week; how funny is that!  Not funny that she's sick, but funny that I spent the weekend taking pictures, burning them to a CD, filling out entry forms, etc., etc., and then paying for overnight shipping.  Oh, well.  I'm still glad my entry will arrive tomorrow.  But now it means it will be there EARLY!  

No comments: