Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mickey Has Been at it Again....


My sweet little dachshund chewed up another spool fo thread!  This WAS a rather large spool, too, though it was just from Walmart so it wasn't pricey.  Of course I wasn't about to toss it!  I've discovered that thread trash is fantastic for machine needle felting.  But the color was too blah for me. 
I decided to paint it using my Setacolor Transparent Fabric Paints.  I watered down some blue and green paint in a paper plate and voila!
Much better now, I think.
I also painted some lace I found on the "free" table at a guild meeting.
Here's the paper towel I used to wipe up the excess paint.  Isn't it a beauty?  And no, I won't throw it away either.  I make my garbage man very happy, I think.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Judy, go here:
http://sisterschoice.typepad.com/sisters_choice_quilts/2008/07/ozzies-incident-and-a-cautionary-tale.html
and read about what happened to poor Ozzie. The Sophinator used to do that to thread until Ozzie got himself into trouble. Now I make sure the sewing room door is closed and the thread is all out of her reach.