Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Quilting


I realized (with panic!) Friday that quilt guild meets this week and I had not yet done the March assignment for the mystery quilt. Yikes! Saturday morning found me in the studio sewing together bits and pieces. All that cutting in February sure came in handy!


I sewed little units into rows.


And the rows became 8 blocks like this. I likey! I've said before that I'm not a great piecer, so this is good practice for me.


I did some reading on the patio Saturday afternoon while I made seafood gumbo. We are fortunate to have a couple of gas burners outside. I like to cook seafood out there so it doesn't smell up the house. Hence I've been cooking much more seafood since living here! The gumbo was/is DELICIOUS!  I'll definitely make this again before long.


The bluebird was sitting on top of the birdhouse while I was cooking, hoping I'd go back inside soon. By the way, the book I was reading (now finished) is The Basement Quilt by Anne Hazelwood. Anne is also a certified quilt appraiser.  She appraised many of our quilts which are in Quick and Easy Hexie Quilts. Great book, Anne. Of course, now I want to read the others in the series...

It's going to be a busy week around here. This afternoon I'm going to a small sewing group. Tuesday I'm going on a road trip with the Newcomers group to visit a beautiful garden at Lake Martin.  Thursday is quilt guild. Need a haircut BADLY. And I'm still hand quilting away...  :)

1 comment:

Sue G said...

I like how that block came out!I'm sure your guild will like what they see!!

And I don't blame you for wanting to cook gumbo outside. I like to have fish and that's what I cook on the grill. The kids and hubby don't care for it that way. So while theirs is cooking inside mine is cooking out.

We have gone to a few Forest Gump restaurants and hubby has had a gumbo dish. Maybe I'll give it a try and see what he thinks.