Monday, April 8, 2013

In the Yard...


It was a GoRGeOuS Spring weekend here!  I hope you had it so lucky, too.  Hubby worked in the yard for ThRee days straight - he loves doing that as much as I love quilting.


Can you find the bluebird above?  This morning he's been building a nest in a birdhouse on the other side of that vertical support.



Everything is beginning to bloom.


We bought a couple of tomato plants and planted them (for me)!  I do adore homegrown tomatoes.  I never had a good sunny spot in Birmingham to grow them, but now I do. 


I did get some sewing done.  I'm made the binding for this quilt - one of the Secret Projects.  I'm in the process of hand sewing it down.  I also designed THREE more quilts - can't wait to start them!

One of the quilts is calling for a very specific color (sort of brown/gray/mushroom) of solid fabric for the background.  Only one fat quarter in my stash.  I ran over to Hobby Lobby this afternoon, not optimistic that I'd find what I needed.  But low and behold, they had it!  Yada, yada, 8 yards came home with me - enough for the backing, too.



Mint for my iced tea this summer.  (Childhood memories here.)

It's another beautiful day today.  The doxies are on the hunt for lizards every time they go outside.  I'm enjoying the view as I sew.  And we're ordering out dinner tonight! It's going to be a great week!

Go check out The Hexie Blog!  Some special news over there!

No comments: