Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sashing Fun


I knew I wanted sashing between the blocks I just finished, but had been wondering what fabric to use, should I do some piecing, what color should I pick....

Then I found these wonderful striped fat quarters in my stash. How perfect!  The stripes are 1 inch wide, so I cut strips that are 1.5 inches to use as sashing.  The three fat quarters I had are all different color ways, but pieced end to end look great together.

From a distance, it appears I have pieced tiny squares together to use as sashing.  Thank goodness I didn't have to!  The color variety works great with this scrappy quilt, too.

I'm almost finished with the top - maybe I'll wait until tomorrow to put in the last stitches...

By the way, there's a new member in our family.  Daughter 2 got a new cat yesterday from the humane society.  Oh, he's very sweet!  Photos later...

No comments: