Monday, October 6, 2008

Studio Day Fun

I spent the entire day up in my studio (our finished attic).  I spent most of the day experimenting and truly playing.  I made another strip set - this time in blues.  Here it is beside the pink set.


Next up, I made this little art quilt, using torn strips of Cherrywood fabric which I wove, before adding the flower in the corner.


Next, I tried my hand at painting fusible web.  I'd seen this technique on Quilting Arts TV.  I left the paper on the fusible web, painted the web side with acrylic paints, let it dry, and then turned it paint side down onto fabric.  After ironing it down, I pulled off the paper.  I have a ton of Lite Steam-A-Seam (8.5 x 11 inch sheets) leftover from teaching at Paducah a couple of years ago, so I think I'll be using this technique a lot!  Here are the painted pieces I worked on today.


These two pictures are actually the same piece.  After it (pic no. 1) dried, I add the blue dots, then stamped on some words, added some swirly lines at the bottom, and layered it with batting and backing.  It has not been quilted yet.  

I also did two more painted fusible web pieces.  I'll post them tomorrow.  Hope you had a great Monday.  Don't forget, tonight at midnight is the deadline to respond to a post to be eligible to win the fall fabrics and a signed copy of my book, Fabric Photo Play.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh a very busy and productive day for you. My Monday was different as I had the start of a cold.
Love the flower quilt . Hope today I will get on with some projects in my scrapping room.