Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Painted Fusible Web


Here's another piece using painted fusible web.  I wrote quilting words on white fabric with a black gel pen before ironing on the painted fusible web.  I like the way the words peak through.  You can see the word, "leaves," - I know, it's not really a quilty word, but I do love to depict leaves in many of my quilts, so that's why it's there.

I also used a spiral stamp over the top of everything, and then loosely painted stems and of course, a leaf.  It was great fun doing all these layers.

I'm happy that it's Wednesday - Project Runway and Top Design on Bravo TV!!  Does anyone else love these shows?  I'm addicted, I admit it.  On Project Runway, my favorite is Jerrell, and on Top Design, I'm not sure yet.  But I always get inspiration from both shows.

2 comments:

The Southern Mom said...

I L-O-V-E Project Runway! LeeAnn really gets on my nerves. And Korto is usually so unemotional. So I guess, I'm with you! Top Design - I couldn't stand Wisit!

Anonymous said...

Will look out for those.Not sure if I can get that channel.
Warm and vibrant colours and like the spirals