Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Am I Going Too Far?

I made more nine patches today, still inspired by yesterday's quilt guild meeting.  I added some orange to the greens because the colors remind me of the season.  Here in Alabama, the trees are still mostly green with hints of color coming.  Here's what I have so far.  Nothing is sewn together yet.  I want this to be a horizontal piece, so I'll add more to both sides.

As I trim blocks, I ended up with this lovely little pile of scraps.  Little scraps!  Normally, they'd go straight in the garbage, but I just couldn't bear to do it.  
So I pulled out a piece of Steam-A-Seam fusible web and pulled the top paper off.  As I worked on the nine patch piece, I placed the tiny scraps side by side on the fusible web.  Before long I was done.

In all honesty, I like this little piece more than the bigger nine patch piece on my design wall.  But if I keep doing little pieces like this, I'll never, EVER, make a dent in my stash.  Am I going too far to be green?  Who knows, but I do like this little piece.  I think I'll quilt it tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lisa A said...

Definitely not too far! I like the scrappy one, too.

Anonymous said...

Love the scrappy one too. You are sticking to being very green. Well done

The Southern Mom said...

I think it's great you're using up your stash...and scraps! I really admire you're stamina...I don't have any will power when it comes to buying fabric (but I am buying everything on sale...if that helps! haha).

Anonymous said...

I can see you like the more cut up one, I like them both. I also am enamored with the fabric you are making with the iron on. You could cut that into squares and make a quilt. I am so proud of you quilting so long, I can't stay out of the yard. I have to share my time with the garden and quilting. Priscilla was grat, wish she had brought more of her art quilts.