Monday, May 6, 2013

Lots to Do....


The first iris of year bloomed this morning! Bits and blobs of color everywhere in our yard! Thank goodness I have a hubby who loves to plant and maintain. I like to go out and admire, but he does all the hard work.

Mom has been here since Friday. She ALWAYS has fun here - we try to "treat" her to fun experiences and food while she's here. We took her to an Auburn baseball game yesterday. She's a big baseball fan and loved every minute. She played baseball bingo and came very close to winning.

Saturday we watched the Kentucky Derby and hubby had us all pick horses to cheer for - Mom's horse won the race which thrilled her no end.

Daughter 1 and SIL are still staying with us, but not - they left for a vacation in Orlando for the week.  Hello Mickey and Harry Potter! They are hoping their apartment will be ready for them when they return at the end of the week.

Meanwhile, I haven't had much sewing time in several days. I got another shipment of books out today. And I'm working on important stuff like what clothes I'm taking to the Portland Quilt Market that is NEXT WEEK!!! It snuck up on me! I'm also doing lots of computer-y quilting stuff: planning the blog hop, emailing various contacts, and yes, writing the next book proposal.

I designed another quilt while lying in bed last night - ohhh, I can't wait to start working on it! But it may have to wait for a bit. I'm traveling up to Birmingham Monday for a book signing at the Birmingham Quilters Guild. And I've got to figure out the logistics of getting Mom back to Augusta at the end of this week. It's all good!

No comments: