Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fun in Birmingham


I left home at 5:45 am yesterday, bright eyed and bushy tailed! I met Peggy at the Birmingham Quilt Guild meeting an hour before it started so we could sit a sign lots of books! Many members had preordered Quick and Easy Hexie Quilts and yesterday was the day they picked them up!

It's always fun to go back to my first quilt guild and see all my buddies! In the back you can see some of the show and tell quilts from the meeting. A talented group!


Then it was on to lunch with a friend - look at her hexie purse!


I saw this truck in the parking lot at the guild meeting - I've never owned a pickup truck and really don't want one --BUT I love vintage trucks! One day I'll make a truck quilt.....

Today I have to hit the ground running (after I finish my coffee...)
I must:
Pack for Portland
Cut hundreds of circles for the trip (Thank goodness for my Accuquilt!)
Visit the Verizon store to get my iPad linked up to cyberspace
Get organized
Make about one million lists!

I hope you make it a great day!!!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Have fun in Portland. Cut lots and lots of circles to play with. Wish I was going.