Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chicken and Pesto Orzo Skillet

I'm reposting the recipe from the previous post with a picture. This will make it easier for you to pin the recipe - gotta have a photo for Pinterest!



CHICKEN AND PESTO ORZO SKILLET

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1 inch pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups dried orzo (pasta)
3 cups chicken broth
8 ounces jarred or fresh basil pesto
2 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
2 cups grape tomatoes (or halved cherry tomatoes)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese OR 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese

Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken, salt and pepper; saute until evenly browned, about 3 minutes. 

Stir in orzo and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.

Remove lid; stir in pesto, spinach, tomatoes, and cheese.

Makes 6 servings.

NOTE: I'll tell you a little secret. When I made this last night, I substituted a 12.5 ounce can of drained canned chicken (oh, the horror!) It was buy one, get one free yesterday at Publix. It was great in the recipe and a real time saver! Also, I chose to use feta cheese, but I used the entire 4 ounce package - love me some cheese!

No comments: