Saturday, December 1, 2012

Roller Coaster Day....

Have you ever had one of those days?  One full of ups and downs?  Today was the day for me.....



It started out well enough.  I made two baskets, coincidentally both pink.


Group shot: 28 blocks done!  In looking back at the blog photos yesterday, I'm now thinking that I liked the bigger gap in the middle better than this one.  I have a feeling this quilt has more evolving to do....

Here's where the day went downhill fast.  I left to run a couple of errands.  Looked down for a mere second......BOOM....rear ended a pick up truck!  And in hubby's car!  My car is our "working" vehicle for hauling, towing, etc.  It's full of dings and scrapes.  Hubby's car is was pristine.  Now it has a hole in the front bumper from the truck's trailer hitch.  Luckily I have a wonderful hubby who was more concerned about me than the car.

The day did get better again:


Low Country Boil at our house tonight!  Yum!  And fire in the fire pit with marshmallows to toast.  And Smores.  Yes, the day got much better at the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the truck Julia. Glad your okay.

Sue G.

Debby said...

Oh my, not a great trip to town but a good end of the day, yumm