Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Goodness


I didn't make a basket block yesterday, but I did sew!  I did lots of quilting on the Gee's Bend quilt.  But it's just boring straight lines, so I'll wait until I finish it to share another photo.

But here are a few photos to show what's been going on around here.  I was invited to a small get-together to decorate gingerbread houses.  BUT, we had to bake our own!  In the past, I've always bought those kits that come with the house pieces already baked and cut.  So I was a bit intimidated to try this.  We were provided a recipe and the house plans.  And I must say, it was easier than I expected.


We all brought different candies to the "party."  Here's my finished product - oh, this was so much fun! And it was REALLY fun to do this with a group of friends.  I'm so blessed by the new friends I've met here in Auburn, and how they include me in their fun plans.


One evening we attended the Victorian Front Porch Christmas in historic Opelika.  We walked along 10 blocks of Victorian houses decorated for the holidays.  Each home had a Victorian figure on the porch.  Along the walk we came across a hand bell concert, some carolers, a children's choir, and a bassoon concert.  We were served wassail and cookies.


Here's an example of one of the front porches.  I really enjoyed this adventure - we'll definitely do this every year!


And look who else was enjoying that evening - not our doggies (they were left at home)!  I'd never seen a doggie stroller before!

Yesterday I did get LOTS of Christmas shopping done.  I hit Kohl's, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Target, Hobby Lobby, and Books-a-Million.  My car was filled to the brim!  Only a couple of small things left to buy, plus waiting for some things from on-line shopping to arrive on my doorstep.

Today:  MORE QUILTING!  Ready to finish Gee's Bend!  I want to get it in the mail by Saturday at the latest.  I hope you have a wonderful and productive day.

No comments: