Sunday, December 2, 2012

Another Iteration


I made two more baskets today - green and rusty.

And then I decided I didn't like what I saw on my design wall.  So I played and rearranged and came up with this:


If you look closely, you'll see that all these basket blocks (except two) have a print background with a solid basket.  I'm thinking of putting solid block in between - checker board effect.  This will leave me with a bunch of solid background/print basket blocks to put elsewhere on the quilt.  Hmmm.  Still not sure about this.  I'll just keep making daily baskets and it will come to me.

I also spent some time arranging flowers in a vase.  See them here.

I have a PILE of hand sewing to do tonight in front of the TV.  I realized today that I have TWO secret projects in progress, plus the basket project, the Gee's Bend quilt, and the Kantha vest.  Wondering if I should concentrate on one at time?  Nah....I seem to have a short attention span these days.  I enjoy having lots of irons in the fire!

Hubby and I enjoyed a LONG walk this afternoon.  The doggies got a bath - ahh, they smell good.  I have their bedding in the washing machine.  They should sleep well tonight!

No comments: