1. The move of Emily and Tommy to Georgia - wish we could see them more.
2. Writing a book proposal with the best partner in the world and having it accepted!
3. Being an officer in my quilt guild and hosting Karen Kay Buckley for 4 days.
4. Dad going into a nursing home. :(
5. Mom having a stroke in her eye. :(
6. Mickey having surgery for a ruptured disk. :(
7. Elizabeth's car being wrecked by a drunk driver. :(
8. Elizabeth being accepted to Pharmacy School.
9. A wonderful trip with hubby to San Antonio.
10. A fun time blogging! I've had more posts this year than I've ever had. :)
What I've learned this year:
1. Never be surprised at what life has in store.
2. When opportunity knocks, answer the door.
3. I am capable of more than I thought.
4. Always keep a pizza in the freezer.
5. Don't go to Express Oil Change to get brakes fixed.
6. Pinterest rocks.
7. Buy chicken from Zaycon.
8. Words with Friends is lots of fun. (Thanks, Alec Baldwin.)
9. Don't forget to trust God.
10. Never leave a dog unattended with a fire in the fireplace.
Plans for the new year:
1. Blog as much as ever.
2. Finish making quilts for the book.
3. Turn in book manuscript according to our contract.
4. Get back to work on the block-of-the-month quilts I started this year (before I got sidetracked by the book!)
5. Finish furnishing the condo so it will be ready for Elizabeth in August.
6. Walk more. (I have this plan every year. Maybe this will be the year I just do it.)
7. Read more.
8. Beat hubby at least once at Words with Friends.
9. Eat more brussels sprouts.
10. Keep calm and carry on.
What are your plans for 2012?