Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sewing Again

Hubby and I took a quick trip to Georgia yesterday. We took dear Daughter 1 to dinner and went with her to the Callaway High School football game. Our son-in-law is one of the coaches for the football team, so we were there to cheer him on. We only got to visit with him briefly after the game because a coach's workday isn't complete when the game is over. I don't think he made it home until well past midnight.
Here's a pic of Emily and Tommy.

Hubby and I didn't stay the night. We hit the road again, making it into bed at about 12:30. We were so TIRED on the way home, so we sang, and joked, and I kept slapping his arm to keep him awake. He's probably well bruised today, but he did stay awake to drive.

Do you like Daughter 1's necklace? She made it! She found the instructions through Pinterest (yes, I've gotten both daughters hooked on Pinterest, too!) and made it last week. Check out her blog to see the information.

Yes, though yawning all day, I've picked up the old needle and thread again. I'm doing some hand quilting on the sample quilt I made for the beginning quilting class. I wanted to add some big stitches with perle cotton to finish it. I found out last week that I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and I think this quilt needs to belong to her.

No comments: