Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Boy Scout Quilt

One of the quilts that caught my eye at the Georgia quilt show was this Boy Scout quilt, honoring an Eagle Scout. She could have just sewn those badges into a grid, but no! She was so utterly artistic and creative!
The background was a pineapple pattern using Boy Scout fabric.
A photo of the scout was at the top of the quilt.
And here's the description. Click on it a couple of time to see it bigger. What a fine tribute to years of hard work!

I'm enjoying a week with no commitments. That gives me lots of time to sew, of course, and I'm taking advantage of every minute. Plus I allow myself a bit of time to read. Harry Potter progress: I'm down to the last few pages of book 4. It's so much easier to keep up with the story line and characters when you read the series straight through. I never got past reading book 4, so the next book will be new to me.

1 comment:

Kentish Keg-Meg said...

Sounds a lovely time you are having this week-sewing and reading. Just how I like to spend time.