Monday, September 26, 2011

Excuse Me While I ... BREATHE...

I'm catching up on EVERYTHING after a weekend in South Carolina. Actually, I'm not even close to being caught up on laundry, but maybe tomorrow???? Hubby and I spent the weekend in Greenville, SC, visiting with Daughter 2 at Furman University. We went to the football game Saturday, more for the half time show than for the game - typical band parents! Daughter 2 is on the far right in the above photo; you'll have to click on the photo a couple of times to get a glimpse. I asked Hubby to get closer to her, but he didn't want to be that "embarrassing Dad!" So I shot from afar.
Here is the entire band during the pre-game pep rally. They have the BIGGEST sound ever! Most of the members (though not Daughter 2) are music majors.

To see them in action performing their half-time show, go to this link. I know you'll enjoy it - they perform a version of "Forget You" that includes dancing - way fun! The interesting thing about Furman is their initials - FU. At little strange to hear cheers of FU, but it's all in fun. The school has now embraced that "Forget You" song. I do love that song - at least the "clean" Forget You version. After hearing the band play it this weekend, I've been singing it in my head for two days!

This is Daughter 2's last year in a marching band. She'll graduate in the Spring and move on to grad school, where she won't have time for this part of her life. I know she'll miss it.j

Correction: I originally said Daughter 2 was on the far left in the top photo. Whoops! She's on the far right! Playing clarinet.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Not a music major, but she's the piccolo player?! How cool is that?
My daughter (high school) loves marching band, but the band members were such bullies and band director so cute (but ineffective) that she opted for ag classes instead. (Okay with me as long as she continues her private flute lessons.)
Glad you had a wonderful weekend. (What is your daughter planning to study in grad school?)