Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Book Proposal Accepted!!!

Peggy and I were thrilled to find out on Friday that our book proposal has been accepted by the publisher!!! YAY!!! We had just gotten off a bus in Atlanta and we were walking into a quilt show when my phone rang with the good news. We were so glad to be together when we received the news! Lots of hugs and high fives all around!

When I got home from Atlanta that night, hubby had this ice cream cake waiting for me - is he not a sweetie? (And if you don't already know, most people call me "Judy.")

We are so excited about the book - I know it will be a fun one to write. But first, we have to make the quilts! Our deadline is in May, 2012. Wow - lots of quilts to make before then! But I always work better under a deadline.

I still don't feel I can give too much detail about the book here in internet-land until it's closer to being released. But as soon as I can, I'll divulge all the details.


Peggy and I were in the perfect place to celebrate - a hugh quilt show! I'll share some of my photos from that day later this week. Meanwhile, I'd better go work on a quilt!!!

4 comments:

Kentish Keg-Meg said...

Congratulations. Love the ice cream cake.

Susan said...

Woohoo...congratulations!

fiberchick said...

Congratulations!!!

Happy Turtle said...

congratulations!!! look forward to it. All the very best!
Carol