Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beginning Quilting Class

My last class for the Beginning Quilting group was Tuesday evening. They brought their quilts, all done! Look how wonderful! They were such good students, and I think they will all continue their quilting journey. How rewarding to bring the world of quilting to others! This is why I love my job.
Here's a close up of the one above. She going to add some hand quilting with brown perle cotton to the pink squares.
And Sue got very creative: she machine quilted tea cups in her border. Click on the picture a couple of times to see.
The quilt in front has such a warm, vintage feel. The rest of the students weren't able to come to our show-n-tell session, but I know their quilts are also wonderful.
As I drove away from class, I saw this beautiful sunset. I took this shot while stopped at a red light. Amazing! Then I stopped on the way home and gave my sample quilt to my sick friend. I hope it comforts her!

Did any of you brave the masses at Target yesterday for the Missoni collection? I did. More about that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kentish Keg-Meg said...

It's difficult to pass a sunset with a camera and not take a photo. Fabulous sunset as you say. Those quilts are great and introducing people to quilting must be rewarding.