Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tomato Week!

No, I don't have any more tomato quilts to show, but today I planted two tomato plants!  The weather is finally warm enough here, and we shouldn't have any more frost.  We don't have the best yard to grow vegetables, but I found a little corner of the backyard to put them.  They don't get sun all day like they should, but last year they did pretty well there.

I also planted a yellow bell pepper plants and potted lots of flowers.  Spring is really here!

I have one more tomato to plant, but I'll do it tomorrow, I think.  Have you seen those commercials on TV for the Topsy Turvy Upside Down Tomato Planter?  I bought one to try this year.  I'm going to hang it off a planter hanger on my deck.  The deck gets lots of sun, so this should work well.  I'll be planting a Grape Tomato plant in the Topsy Turvey.  I'll take pictures of it tomorrow when I plant it.  If nothing else, it should be fun to watch it grow upside down.

I working outside for about 6 hours today, plus I got a haircut, so I haven't quilted much.  I'm camping out in front of the TV tonight in my recliner (with doxies and quilt) and work on the Patches quilt.  I haven't posted a picture of it in over a week, but it hasn't changed drastically since you last saw it.  I'm getting closer to being done, so I'll probably wait to show you once I've finished this applique.

No comments: