Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How I Work

When working on a hand applique project such as the Patches quilt, there's no need to be in my studio.  I might as well be comfy, don't you think?  So I sit in the family room in a recliner, with my feet up.  I have a small table on my left to put my thread, scissors, TV remote, phone, and a cold drink.  I have a lamp over my right shoulder.

I have a quilt over my lap, because I always like to have a quilt over my lap, winter or summer.  My applique project  lays over the quilt.


And under the quilt....
I have two sleeping dachshunds.  It's a fun way to work, plus I'm never lonely!  Can you tell I woke up Mickey for this picture?  Prince is to the left; he refused to even lift his head.

2 comments:

Joan said...

This sounds ideal for all of you.

Becky said...

This sounds like my house. Rusty, my doxie is sitting on my lap while I do computer stuff. It's his favorite place. Love my dog!