Monday, April 6, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Patches!


FINALLY, today I basted the eye to the quilt!  I don't think a portrait ever looks right until I get the eye done.  Now, this one is not complete yet, but at least it's basted and ready.  And I'm loving this fabric that I've used for the copper fur.
Isn't this yummy?  I bought this piece years ago from a friend in our guild whose husband dyes fabric.  He does a great job, obviously.  This piece has a bit of green in it, too.

One of my good friends, Lisa, saw this quilt in person last week and though she's been following the progress here on the blog, she wasn't expecting it to be so big.  To give you a bit of perspective, the nose alone is about the size of a large dinner plate.

The part of the quilt I'm doing now has really big pieces, so it's going quickly again.  Once I move over to his ear, though, the pieces are little again.

No comments: