Monday, April 20, 2009

Tic Tac Tomato

Remember those tomato quilts I was working on a few months ago?  I entered them into the Quilting Arts magazine 2010 calendar contest.  Neither one was a finalist, so I can show them now.  Here's my favorite, Tic Tac Tomato.
You may remember I stamped the tomato images with fabric paint.  I used selvages to depict the tic tac toe grid.
Puff paint illustrates the mayonnaise.
Then I added some beads (for seeds) and LOTS of hand quilting using embroidery floss.  Very fun quilt!  I just listed it in my Etsy shop, if you happen to be interested.

Speaking of tomatoes, I just put together two casseroles of lasagna for our dinner.  With only two of us, I divided the recipe in two pans and froze one.  So dinner is ready to go in the oven, and I'm ready to sit down and stitch more on the Patches quilt.  

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love the tomato quilt! Very clever, hope it goes to a good home - must be hard to sell this one!