Saturday, July 7, 2012

My New Sewing Room


My goal had been to start on the sewing room today, but I was able to start Thursday!  I have the major pieces in place and I think this is going to work well for me.  In the picture above you can see two of the three windows across on side of the room.  My design wall is across the back wall (right side of photo).  You can see my primary sewing table set up with the chair behind it.  On the far left of the photo you can see a glimpse of my cutting table.

On the wall opposite the windows, from left to right are my tall blue cabinet (pushed at garage sale and spray painted), the HQ Sixteen table (we've since set up the machine in the table), a plastic table with the Accuquilt Studio Cutter on top, and then my ironing table.

I want to make this an attractive, UNCLUTTERED work room.  There will be very little stored in this room.  I have a nice big closet attached to put lots of stuff.  Plus I'm taking over the other available closet space on this floor.  House guests beware:  good luck finding a place to put your clothes!

Here's the hallway outside the sewing room, lined with boxes.  So many of them are labeled "fabric."  Then when I open them they might have only batting, or pillow forms, or something totally different.  So funny how the movers on the Birmingham end packed everything.  But I haven't found anything broken - yay!


I see a lot of boxes like this:  sewing room, small plastic containers, miscellaneous.  Every box is a surprise!  One thing I've learned in the process is that I have more fabric than even I knew!  Oh my!

You may or may not remember how I started this blog.  I gave myself a year long challenge to not buy any new fabric.  And I did it, with the exception of spending a little birthday money on a few fat quarters.  I really didn't think I ever do the same challenge again.  But I'm thinking I may need to.

What do you think?  Is anyone out there willing to join in?  It could be anything you make it - a three month no-buy, or maybe 6 months.  I need to decide how long mine own challenge will be and what official start date I'll choose.

No comments: