Monday, November 8, 2010

A Tree Grows in Houston

Meet my friend, the Houston tree. This is where I caught the bus at my hotel to the Convention Center each day. Might I add, it was very windy in Houston. Very, very windy. Poor tree. One day it was bent sideways. I think it has a permanent lean to the right.
Here's another shot of Sharon Schamber's Best of Show quilt. A-MAZE-ING! But I must correct an earlier post where I mentioned that the back of the quilt has mirrors sewn on. Boy, was I wrong. I guess it was the way the light was shining.
What I though was mirrors, was actually open work, connecting areas of the quilts. I cannot even imagine the time and intricacies involved. Wow.
Here I am with friends, Judy C. and Margaret M., who were nice enough to include me in their dinner plans.
And here I am with fellow bloggers, Victoria, Shelly, and Shelly. We arranged to meet for a few minutes Saturday morning. It was so great to meet them in person after reading their blogs for so long.

Guess what? This is the last week of our remodeling project. Yay! Yay Yay! The last bathroom will be complete by the end of week, thank goodness. We'll have our house back!

And the wedding countdown begins - less than six weeks to go! I'm getting very excited - I still need shoes, but Emily found some on-line at Zappo's. I think I'll order them.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Thanks for sharing Houston photos, Judy. Someday I'm going again.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

so nice to meet you Julia!! good luck on the end of your renoV's!

Shelly said...

Julia, it was wonderful to meet you. You're even sweeter in person than you sound on your blog, if that's possible!