Monday, November 1, 2010

Master Bathroom: Befote and After

It's FINALLY DONE! Above is the old, ugly before - cultured marble, broken tiles, rough walls.


And here's the same view now. Still neutral, but much nicer. The new cabinetry has more storage - we got rid of the knee hole. The countertop is marble. The floor tiles and tub surround are also marble.
Here's one little idea I had the contractor implement - I had him cut a hole (sort of a window) into the end of the shower. It's amazing how much bigger it makes the room feel.
I also had him install these boards (stained to match the cabinets) behind the mirrors. I made the Roman shade and the shower curtain on Friday.
But one of our favorite things about the bathroom is the new door. The old door opened in, blocking the bathtub. So we had the contractor install a pocket door instead. I was so glad he was able to install one with glass, too. The room is much more open feeling. It feels much bigger than before, even though it isn't.

I went to Thimbles today and quilted a couple of more rows on the red nine patch quilt. Hopefully, I'll finish it tomorrow. Only two more days until my Houston trip - can't wait! So tell me, what you would buy if you were to go to Houston? Fabric? Patterns? Rulers? Books? Thread?

1 comment:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

JULIA! are you heading to Houston wed?I am off to Austin wed morn, and will drive to Hosuton Friday. let's say hi! email me, I have my iphone...