Thursday, September 24, 2009

Snake Bite Blues


This photo says it all, I think.  This is what it feels like after getting bitten by a snake.  Absolutely pitiful.  We can see the two fang marks on his nose, though they can't be seen in the photo.  He's tending to let his tongue stick out - I'm sure the inside of his mouth still has swelling.

He was home with us last night.  I'm taking him back to the vet this morning.  If all is well, she will take out his catheter and release him.  Meanwhile he must take 5 different prescriptions.

Prince is very listless, but Mickey was the same way for days after he was bitten.  This time at least we know what to expect.  I promise to get back to quilting posts soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Prince. I watched your site hoping the best for Mickey and will do the same for Prince.

Rita said...

Your poor dog. I feel so bad for him. I hope he's good as new soon.

joan said...

Hope Prince will be well soon.