Sunday, September 20, 2009

An Easy Baby Quilt

Look what I won at the quilt guild meeting last week.  The fat quarter for the month was anything with dots.  If you take a fat quarter, your name goes into the drawing for a set of fat quarters.  I've never taken the time in the past to find a fat quarter to match that month's requirements.  But I did last week.  And I came away with these beauties.

Our guild has a Cuddle Quilt program, as do many guilds.  Each member is asked to make one small quilt per year to be donated to a worthy charity.  I want to get my done early in the guild year.  So today I cut the dots up into 4 x 6 inch rectangles.  Four fat quarters gave me 48 rectangles, exactly the amount I needed.  Then I cut 48 4 x 4 inch white muslin squares.
Next it was time for lots of chain piecing.
Then I had stacks of blocks.
And then a finished quilt top!
I can't take any credit for the pattern.  One of our guild members gave us all a handout with the instructions for this little quilt, hoping to generate more cuddle quilts.  Her example was made from scraps for all the rectangles and was adorable!  But mine will certainly do.  My goal is to have it quilted and ready to turn in at the October meeting.

No comments: