Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Productive Day

Sorry, no photos today.  I never did find the batteries, so I ran to the store (not literally!) and bought more.  I even took a few pictures.  Then I saw where Susan's husband, Vann, died this morning.  I just couldn't bring myself to post a bright, cheery photo today.  I send prayers to Susan and their family.

I finished the second t-shirt quilt top today.  Then I hung it on my design wall and admired it. But there was one block I was not happy with.  I left it alone for a couple of hours (while I bought batteries and ate lunch).  I still was not happy.  So I unsewed a large block from the center of the quilt, ripped off the sashing from that section, resewed the sashing a different way, and sewed the entire section back into the center of the quilt.  It's not easy to sew a square piece into the center of a quilt.  But I did it!  Then I pressed the top again and hung it (again) on the design wall to admire it.

Guess what?  I had sewed the piece in upside down!  Oh my!  I'm losing my mind, I think.  After all that, I was tired of fooling with it, so I gave up for the day.  I'll fix it tomorrow.

No comments: