Sunday, February 8, 2009

Still on Cloud Nine...

I've been getting lots of emails with questions about the Celebrate Spring exhibit.  This is a special exhibit that will make its debut at the IQA Chicago show.  39 quilts have been named finalists and will be included in the exhibit.  The judging of these quilts will be done in March.  The show in Chicago is in April.  The Celebrate Spring Exhibit will also travel to the IQA Long Beach show in July, and the Houston show in the fall.

Am I going to Chicago?  I'm not sure yet.  Hubby immediately started researching flights, hotels, the Cubs schedule, etc., etc.  But I'm inclined to wait before we jump into going there.  I might rather wait and see the exhibit in Houston this fall.  I've always wanted to go to the Houston show.  (Plus, in the fall my yearlong "green" journey of not buying fabric will be over.  Can you imagine going to a big show and NOT buying fabric?  I don't think I could do it!

I do hope to see the exhibit in person though.
I had to share this photo with you.  We were in Auburn yesterday visiting our daughter and we saw these signs everywhere.  Since I'm the beekeeper for our guild, I found this funny.  As I was hanging out the car window to take the picture, I'm sure all of Auburn found me to be the funny thing.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Congratulations, Judy. How exciting!