Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Dog's Life

I know I've been away for awhile, longer than I expected to be.  But I'm here still.  It's just been a crazy week.  I did actually make it upstairs to the studio for a bit today.  I finished the red nine patch blocks.  I'll show you tomorrow.  I need to figure out what to do about a border; I'm hoping to make this one a twin size.

I also did the guild block of the month today; lucky for me it was very quick and easy.  I've recently discovered something about my quilting abilities.  I'm not very good at piecing.  In fact I'm terrible at piecing.  My corners and points are not crisp.  My blocks don't turn out square. My quarter inch seams aren't very consistent.

Maybe that why I've turned to art quilts.  I've come to adore quilts that are wonky, uneven, imprecise.  I love the look of free piecing.  I can't get enough of quilts that are put together with no plan, no measuring, no straight lines, no worries.

No worries.  Doesn't that describe my doxies above?  I guess I'm a "No Worries" quilter.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Who doesn't just love this picture you have shared? It's just so heartwarming, cozy and adorable.

I came across your blog on Quilter Blogs this morning and just had to say I LOVED this photo.

I am a dog lover - we currently have 3 Weimaraners.

Hugs and blessings.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sweet doggies.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I don't think you turned to art quilts because your piecing skills aren't up to your standards.
I think you turned to art quilts because you are talented artistically.
K

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh, completely forgot to say, what cute dogs. sweetie pies.