Friday, February 6, 2009

Free is Good!

Sorry to have been away for a couple of days.  I've had a busy week: two bee meetings, plus I took my father to his eye doctor one day.  Oh, and today I took my parents out to lunch for my dad's 85th birthday which will be Sunday.  Then I took my mom shopping for shoes.  So I haven't been home much to sew this week.

I am working on a couple of projects that I cannot show yet, so I'm a bit boring right now!

At yesterday's bee, my good friend, Jeanette, brought these HUGE selvages.  She knows I love selvages.  These are fleece.  I put a pen in the photo so you can get an idea of their size.   Jeanette also gave me some regular cotton selvages, too.
This box full of scraps was another Jeanette gift.  She's in the process of moving her sewing room to another room in her house, and is trying to downsize.  We all had a ball going through boxes of these scraps, so we all went home with goodies.
This morning, I went to the local public library to check out a few books for my dad to read.  Of course, I ended up in the quilt book area and came home with several books that I can't wait to read.  Hubby and I are going on a little road trip tomorrow, and these will definitely be in the car with me!

The weather is finally good here again, for a few days anyway.  We're warm and sunny, in the mid 60's.  We'll probably have another cold spell or two before Spring, but for now, we're enjoying this weather!

No comments: