Thursday, February 26, 2009

February Work in Progress

Here it is so far.  I have 40 blocks positioned with 5 across and 8 down.  But I think it looks too skinny, so I'm going to add another vertical row of blocks so it will be 6 across and 8 down.  So now I need to cut more red and creams squares.  I think I'll do that tomorrow.  Maybe I'll even get the blocks sewn together, too.  I'm running out of time on this one!  Not sure I'll make it by the end on the month, but I'll keep trying.  I do like this one though.  Simple.  Classic.

I'd gotten to the point in my quilting where all I made were involved, detailed, masterpiece art pieces.   I don't use the word "masterpiece" the way it sounds - it's not like my quilts are really "masterpieces" at all.  I just mean, I've been only doing complicated big pieces for the most part.  But I'm finding that creating these more simple, classic quilts has been a joy.  There's something about a simple pattern that speaks to me.

I did accomplish something else today.  I took my "Spring Break" quilt to Fed Ex, along with its PILE of forms, and shipped it off to Houston.  It will travel to Chicago in April, Long Beach in the summer, and then back to Houston for the fall show.  So I won't see it for months and months.  I hope it has  safe travels.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the way your quilt looks antique, but not -- can't describe it well, but it's a neat effect!

Julia Wood said...

Thanks, Michelle! I like that about it, too.

Just Jenn said...

Maybe if you moved some of the blocks with the lighter colored cream background to the edges it would help it look a little wider? Very lovely either way... traditional colors for a traditional pattern. =)