Monday, April 14, 2014

A New Shelf


This morning's project didn't involve sewing. We have a back hallway in our house that leads to the garage. I hung this old fence piece on the wall last year. I've been wanting a very narrow console under it, but haven't been able to find one that wasn't WAY too expensive.

I saw an idea on Pinterest that used plumbing pieces as shelf supports. I though it could work! So I spray painted my recently purchased plumbing parts over the weekend. Today was the day to put it all together.

Above you can see where I've screwed the flanges into the wall.


We bought a simple white shelf from Home Depot to go on top.

I also bought some drawer knobs and a funny giraffe hook to attach to the fence piece - I'll hang things on these.  I pinned one of my small quilts to the fence, too.


I'm not sure if I like how I've styled it - looks a bit like a junk store, but I'll keep working on it!

No comments: