Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Four Patches!


Today was the day to start Clue 4 of Celtic Solstice - four patches! This clue is different from the previous clues in that the first 3 told us exactly how many triangles, squares, rectangles, etc., to cut. But because we are making these four patches from strips and because we're working from our stash, this isn't possible here. So I'm just cutting strips for awhile, then sewing for awhile. Then I count four patches. I made about 75 of these today (out of 300). At this rate I'll be working on this clue for 3 more days. Not too bad!

I've substituted teal for Bonnie's green, as you can see. All was going well until I started running low on orange fabric - oh no! I dug through my stash and found this thrift store men's shirt that I bought about a year ago - I had washed it before stashing it away. So I just cut the backside off and got tons more strips from it!


I decided I needed a leader/ender project to work on while sewing today. I found this box of triangles that I'd cut last year with my Accuquilt. I'd been planning to use them as a border fro one of my book quilts, but it didn't work out.


I'm sewing them together in rows - this will be a happy quilt, indeed! Haven't decided which arrangement I like the best.


Any thoughts? I don't have to decide any time soon - just sewing rows now!

No comments: