Thursday, November 17, 2011

Relieved....

Dad is in the nursing home. So glad.

Everything went as well as it could have yesterday. We took him at 1:30. Hubby was with us, thank goodness - what a help he was! Hopefully this facility will be a good fit for him. For my Birmingham friends, he's at Greenbriar at the Altamont on Highland Avenue. It's in a beautiful historic area.

Within 5 minutes of arriving, he was talking about improving and getting discharged. How do you tell someone that will not happen?

I'm taking Mom to visit him this morning. We will not stay too long. Then I will have the rest of the day to catch up on the rest of my life. This has been a long week!

I think I will make the cornbread today for the Thanksgiving dressing. And maybe work on a grocery list for the rest of my Thanksgiving shopping. I look forward to cooking again! And quilting! QUILTING!

No comments: