Sunday, November 27, 2011

An Organized Tool Caddy

Here's a peak inside my newly organized tool caddy. Loving it! My Aurofil thread spools are handy in their elastic bands. There's a place for everything!
And here's a peak at something I've been working on for the last few weeks. This project has been to San Antonio. It also spent a few days in the hospital while I sat with my dad. When I see parts of a quilt, I have memories of where I was and who I was with when I made it. So this quilt will have built-in memories of great times and not so great times, all within the stitches and patches. I love that part of quilting - the memories it preserves, one stitch at a time, one scissor snip at a time, one scrap of fabric at a time.

As of this morning, our house is quiet. Everyone has returned to their own homes and lives. There are tons of leftovers in the refrigerator, so I won't have to cook this week. (Sigh.) We're in for a soaking rain all day, so we will stay inside, resting under quilts with dogs in our laps. (Sigh, sigh.)


No comments: