Tuesday, August 16, 2011

grin.

I got a special delivery today. Actually it was just an ordinary delivery by Mr. FedEx. But to me it was special. You see, I've been looking for the perfect fabric for a project for months. Yes, months! I really try to support the one local quilt shop in our city, but their stock doesn't turn over very often. So frequently they don't have what I'm looking for. Especially when I didn't even know what I was looking for. I just knew that when I saw it, I would know. Have you ever felt like that about a fabric?

So to make my long story even longer, I FINALLY found the perfect fabric on-line. At Hancock's of Paducah. Yay! So I placed my order for multiple yards. Yay!

Then the dreaded e-mail.....the fabric I ordered was on back order. Grrr.

But I've been a very patient girl. And today was the magic day that the doorbell rang and I found that beautiful yellow package on my doormat. And it was worth the long wait! Isn't it lovely?
Here's the low-down on the selvage in case you want to get some of this yummy-ness for yourself.

I'm teaching my beginning quilting class tonight. It will be fun because everyone will be bringing their sewing machines. They'll learn about strip piecing, pressing seams, nesting seams, and chain piecing.

5 comments:

Lisa A said...

yummy!

judy Cloe said...

That is absolutely GORGEOUS fabric. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

fiberchick said...

I just bought the same fabric! What are you going to make with yours???
Susannah

Lynn said...

Oh wow! I can't wait to see how you use this.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That fabric is amazing. I wonder what you'll do with it. I would probably be afraid to cut it. Backing maybe?