Tuesday, August 9, 2011

All Packed Up!

But I'm not going far, thank goodness. Tonight is the start of the beginning quilting class I'll be teaching. I'm so excited and can't wait to meet the students. I have prepared a hand-out for them, and I have figured out my "lesson plan" for tonight.

The hardest thing for me at this point is figuring out how long it will take to cover each item. Next week they will all bring sewing machines, so sewing will take up a large part of each class. Tonight will be more about the basics, such as supplies needed, fabric selection, and a lesson in rotary cutting. I can't wait!

Funny - I just realized Mickey made his way into that picture above! He's always got to be in the middle of everything. Love that baby!

So what else is new around here? I'm still catching up on housework and laundry, after taking a week off from all that. The girls are settling in to their new digs. And I actually made it upstairs to my studio today - yay me! Can't wait to show you what I'm making - but it will have to be secret for a bit.

My bug man came yesterday to spray around the house. He'd had a substitute for the last couple of appointments, so he hadn't been here in about 9 months. He came downstairs from spraying my studio and said, "Your sewing room is so neat and organized!" He had not seen it since The Great Studio Makeover. He made my day!

No comments: