Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dumbledore

Here's a little bitty peak at my latest project, completed today. It needs lots of tweaking, which means I'll be making another one of these in different fabrics soon. Designing is hard work. It never comes out perfect the first time.
After seeing the last Harry Potter movie recently, I got the urge to read the entire series. Years ago, as each book came out, I read the first 4. Then life got in the way. So I'm starting over again with the encouragement of Daughter 2 who declares them "the BEST books ever written." I'm halfway through this first one.
I was in the bathroom a couple of days ago, looked down, and discovered the outline of Dumbledore in a floor tile. This is a terrible picture because of that darn shadow, but maybe you can see it. See his pointy hat? He is holding up one arm and the other is by his side. You can see the outline of his robes coming down to the bottom of the tile. I'll try to get a better picture later. Now I can't go to the bathroom without thinking he is staring at me.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I see him! Enjoy the books. As good as the movies are, the books are better.