Friday, August 19, 2011

Bowling, Anyone?

I have to admit, I don't like to bowl. I've only done it once in my life when our girls were little. I ended up throwing out my hip and being in pain for days. I guess I'm a fuddy duddy.

But the bowling pins themselves are pretty cool. I like the shape and their heaviness. So when I took a little trip down highway 31 earlier this week to visit a thrift store, I couldn't pass these up. I guess I bought them in the spirit of the American Pickers on the History channel. Love me some Mike and Frank. Just heard they're opening a new Antique Archeology store in Nashville.

Now what to do with them? Later in the week I saw a photo on Pinterest of a lovely table in a lovely home. The table was beautifully styled with a cool lamp and some other decorative items. And there sat an old bowling pin that looks identical to mine. Maybe I'm on to something? I only paid $2.48 each.

No comments: