Thursday, August 11, 2011

Catching Up

My Beginning Quilting class went great Tuesday night. I had so much fun, and hopefully the students did, too. I've taught so many quilting classes over the years, but never a beginning class - it's so much fun to get people started on the wonderful journey.

I took a pile of show and tell so the women could see some of my previous work, including the quilt above - my all time favorite, "Patches." Love the quilt. Loved that dog, too.

I look forward to next week's class.

Parent Update: Not good. My father is going downhill rapidly again. My mother is using the N-word: nursing home. I'm not sure I'm prepared to go through this again. I will get my brother involved this time.

What I'm enjoying this month:
1. Watching Project Runway and HGTV Design Star.
2. Watching the Braves with hubby.
3. Scattered showers.
4. Fresh vegetables.
5. Quiet time spent sewing.
6. My wonderful husband.





2 comments:

fiberchick said...

So love this quilt! Sorry to hear about your father...

Lisa A said...

I love that quilt, too. I'm actually getting to sew again. Working on Aunt Donna diamonds. And definitely get your brother involved this time.