Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Revisting the Past

After sharing an older piece yesterday, I thought I'd share another "old" quilt today. This is "Spring Break," featuring Daughter 1 and Prince floating at the lake.
This quilt was juried into the International Quilt Festival in their "Celebrate Spring" exhibit a few years ago. I remember how labor intensive this piece was - it's made almost entirely from tiny (1/4 inch wide) strips of fused fabric.

As usual, click on the pictures a couple of times to see them closer.

For the next 10 days or so I'm going to be uber busy helping kids move from point A to point B and then from point B to point C. Two kids. Three moves. It's all good though! Happy days ahead! Meanwhile, I'm having a show and tell here, sharing some oldies but goodies until I can get back to quilting.

1 comment:

fiberchick said...

This quilt is just fantastic!!! Bought your book ages ago and have been too intimidated to try your technique. Love the image of Prince. Our dear and departed Dachshund Stanley ruled our lives for 16 years... Please show more!