Saturday, July 2, 2011

A New Start

I know, I know! I have enough projects already! But I had an hour to spare this morning and couldn't resist. I pulled out the orange and blue fabrics I received in a bee swap earlier this year. Though there was a suggested pattern to use, we could choose to do our own thing, which I am doing. I added some white fabric to the mix and started stitching some wonky crosses.
I ended up with four, stitching them together to make a wonky square.
Then I quilted it with wonky lines (see a theme here?) and squared it up.
This is the start of a larger quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) quilt. I've been wanting to try the technique and this seemed like a good project for it.

Meanwhile...slaw in the refrigerator, fresh butter beans simmering on the stove, fruit salad in a bowl, and ribs ready to go on the grill. Yum! I think we'll be eating barbecue in some form or another for the next few days.

No comments: