Friday, April 1, 2011

Only One Day Late

Whew! I was worried about getting this one done - the finger injury certainly didn't help! I was determined not to make a blog post today until I finished this, the third Lollypop Tree block. I finished a few minutes ago! One day late is not so bad.
I ended up going out with a friend today, delaying the finish, but we had a good time shopping and going out for lunch, so no matter! I found a cute rug for my studio, and some fabric to reupholster an antique love seat. Pictures to come soon.
Tomorrow I'll trace the next Lollypop block and the next Christmas block, ready to stitch. And I will definitely quilt my hexie quilt - I did finish the loopy feathers yesterday, so it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
Here's my design wall with the 3 Baltimore Christmas blocks, the 3 Lollypop Tree blocks, and the one lonely Sue Spargo block. Need to catch up on these!

I'll be at home a lot this weekend - lots of time for quilting!!!!

3 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I love the dark background!!! Lookin' good!

Lynn said...

Oh my! This quilt is going to be spectacular. I'm lovin' these lollipop tree blocks.

Zanymouse said...

I love your beautiful applique blocks! What is your preferred method of applique? I'm a piecer, but I'd like to try my hand at applique. I'm familiar with fusible web/machine applique and all that stuff. I see that you baste your pieces down, and then what? Thank you!

Zina