While reading through the instructions for the Lollypop Tree pattern, I discovered that I need to cut over 500 2 1/2 inch squares to sew together for sashing. Oh. My. This morning I realized that I had found a jelly roll of Kaffe fabric during The Great Studio Makeover. Bingo!
This afternoon I sewed five strips together to slice into 2 1/2 inch strips. In order to vary the squares as much as possible, I'm planning to sew the remaining jelly roll strips in sets of 5. Then I can put the sets together randomly. I'd like to trim the applique blocks I've completed and sew the sashing to them. That way I don't have to do all the sashing at once.
I also quilted on my hexie quilt - another day or two left on this.
Yesterday afternoon, hubby and I went to a new park in downtown Birmingham with Daughter 2 and her hubby. Mickey and Prince came along, too.
Railroad Park was much bigger than I had expected. It was beautiful with lots on walking paths, water features, and exercise areas. Along the paths were motivational signs, reminding walkers to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, and don't forget to make fitness a habit.
The railroad is close by, hence the park name.
We took along water for the little guys, which they thoroughly enjoyed.
Quilting, and Binding, and a Burger...
19 hours ago