Monday, March 1, 2010

Off the Wall

Patches came off the wall this weekend.  It's time for him to travel to the AQS show in Lancaster.  But before he goes I have to put a sleeve on the back.  I can't believe I have to unsew the top binding to do this.  Why didn't I put the sleeve on in the first place!!!?  If I remember correctly, I was hurrying to finish the quilt to meet a deadline to enter it in another quilt show and decided I could add the sleeve later.  Later is now!  But first I'll take my parents for their eye appointments this morning.

So what else is new around here?  LOTS!!!  Hubby and I have been casually looking at houses lately, thinking we want to downsize a bit.  But we haven't seen anything that was perfect enough to make us want to go through the dreaded moving process.  Until Saturday.

We found a house we really love.  On the spur of the moment, we put a "For Sale by Owner" sign in our yard yesterday, along with an "Open House" sign.  No ad in the paper yet.  It was pretty successful - we had 6 visits, plus several phone calls.  All that with no advertising!  There is a house around the corner for sale - the realtor also held an open house and she only had 1 visit - and that's with lots of advertising!

We're in a good position - we don't have to move.  It would be great if it works out, but if it doesn't, it won't be a disaster.

3 comments:

Marty Mason said...

Good luck on your house for sale venture. Love Patches. I know this quilt will be a hit in Lancaster.

Renée's Country Crafts LLC said...

Hi,
First of all the art quilt of your dog is phenomenal. Second of all I love your baby grand. I used to say I don't care if we don't have furniture but the piano is the only thing that has to be in the house.
Now I saw that about a mid arm one day.

Okay 3rd my question is about the binding. I thought you could add it anytime. I mean ideally you want to attach it when you put the binding on.. but for shows, and judging, can you put it lower, or does it have to be under the binding?
Renee

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I would love to downsize. But I think the move would definitely kill me, based on what the decluttering is doing. Good luck on selling you house. Be sure to bury a statue of St. Joseph upside down beside your for-sale sign.